Here is some of what I'm working on . . . soooooo slowly!
Okay, I'm an old dog. I remember the 60's . . . although barely. Now I'm part of the group disparaged by that oft-repeated adage, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." Fortunately, I come from stock that didn't listen to such dour predictions. Both my mother and my father were still engaged and working into their 80's. So, to carry on that tradition . . . I thought it would be fun to share "5 new things I've learned in the past 5 years" and to hear what others have learned in the past few years as well.
In the past five years I have learned . . .
1. to read music (and improve my fingerstyle guitar playing)
2. to drive on the left side of the road (thank you New Zealand!)
3. the proper way to make face-frames for cabinets
4. to use apps, like Trello, to deliver consulting services
5. what Kombucha is and how to spell it
There's my list. Obviously not all of these things happened in one-year's time so things like "reading music" could still be on my list next year but I'm hoping to add five new items for 2017.
Come on, the rest of you "old dogs," what did you learn in the past five years?